There is a big difference between wanting other people’s help to be happy (and enjoying and benefiting from their help), and needing other people’s help to be happy (which means you can’t achieve and enjoy happiness without other people’s help).
Appreciating this difference can make all the difference in the world to you, and naturally help you become a much stronger, more confident, and much happier person immediately.
Indeed, if you want to become happier and stay happy consistently, it’s important that you:
- Stop needing other people’s help to be happy (stop needing their support, acceptance, or approval)
- Start becoming happy & staying happy consistently with or without anyone else’s help (be happy with or without any support, acceptance or approval from others)
Here’s why it’s so important to do this.
How needing other people’s help to be happy hurts you
If you need other people’s support, acceptance, or approval to be happy:
- You naturally feel anxious, desperate, and miserable, if no one is giving you the type of help you want or believe you ‘need’
- Not only does this naturally make you less happy, in general, and create feelings of fear and anxiety, but it also puts you in a very weak, vulnerable situation, where you always feel weak and helpless to some degree
- This lack of confidence and security makes the process of eliminating unhappiness and becoming a happier person a lot more challenging
- Indeed, even if you do achieve some degree of happiness, there will still be the unpleasant concern that you could be unhappy at any moment if people are not there to help you
- The overall result is much less success and achievement in becoming happy and staying happy consistently, and predictably having more happy/unhappy mood swings, depending on whether other people help you or not
The overall lesson: needing other people’s help to be happy is inherently self-destructive and counter-productive! It actively prevents you from becoming a happier person and remaining happy.
How being able to be happy with or without other people’s help benefits you
If you’re able to be happy with or without other people’s support, acceptance, or approval:
- You naturally feel more calm and confident, even if no one is helping you to be happy, but at the same time, you’re also able to enjoy and benefit from other people’s help if they do decide to help you in any way
- So this is a win-win situation where you naturally always feel happier in general, and you’re also in a much stronger, more secure situation, where you always feel more powerful, more capable, and more confident, no matter what
- This increase in confidence and security not only boosts your self-esteem and makes you feel better and happier, but it also makes the process of getting rid of any sadness, depression, or unhappiness and becoming happier a billion times easier
- Even better, once you do achieve happiness, you naturally have the peace of mind that you can stay happy whether or not there is anyone to help you feel that way
- The overall result is way more success and achievement in becoming happier and staying happy consistently, and having a much more stable, happier mood
The overall lesson: being able to be happy with or without help from others naturally makes you feel better and happier in and of itself, makes it way easier to become happier and happier, and is absolutely crucial for being able to stay consistently happy.
If you want to be a happier person, this is by far one of the best things you could possibly do for yourself.
Why being happy with or without other people’s help makes sense
Clearly, having the ability to be happy without any help from others is highly beneficial. Not only does it make you a happier person, but it will also help keep you happy.
But it also makes a lot of sense to enjoy your capability to be happy with or without help from others for other reasons:
- While there are different things that can help make you feel happier, happiness is ultimately created in the mind, by thinking in positive ways that make you feel better
- The person with the most power for helping you change the way you think is you, since it’s ultimately your choice whether you want to get rid of negative thoughts and think positive thoughts instead
- When you consider all this, it makes absolutely no sense at all to believe that you ‘need’ other people to be happy, when you are clearly the most powerful person for making yourself happier, and you already have everything it takes to feel happier (a functioning mind and the capacity to change your thoughts)
- Instead, it makes complete sense to believe that you can be happy with or without other people’s help or support, and that you can elso enjoy their help to become happier faster and easier, if anyone does decide to help you in any way
To be clear: if you benefit from therapy, or support groups, or self-improvement programs and resources (such as this one!), that’s great.
The key, though, is to enjoy and appreciate these things as tools or ways of becoming faster and easier, and that you enjoy and appreciate them on those terms, rather than ever believing that you need them to be happy or to stay happy.
How to stop needing people’s help to be happy
Get rid of the following negative thoughts that make you feel needy, insecure, and dependent on other people’s support, acceptance, and approval to be happy.
Click on each negative thought to learn why you’re better of without it, and why it doesn’t make sense to think that way.
How to be capable of being happy with or without other people’s help
Become more independent by thinking positive thoughts that make you feel calm, secure, and confident that you can become happy and stay happy consistently, regardless of whether anyone gives you their support, acceptance, or approval for doing so.
Click on each positive thought to learn how it helps you, and why it makes sense to think that way.
Improve your life immediately
Right now, complete this achievement by taking steps that will help you rewire your mind to be able to become happy & stay happy consistently with or without other people’s assistance. This, of course, will naturally help you become happier (and stay happier) faster and easier.