Recommendation: Read the updated version of why it’s important to be optimistic about becoming happier.
I can’t be happy no matter what I do. Now that I think of it, I can’t remember the last time I was happy. The way things are going, I’ll never be happier… It’s just too hard for me…
Is this type of thinking familiar to you? If so, get rid of it immediately, because this type of negative thinking makes it more challenging to become happy.
To get rid of sadness and become happier faster and easier:
- Eliminate any pessimism about becoming a happier person (For example, stop thinking things like: I can’t find happiness in my life, or being happy is hard for me and always will be.)
- Be optimistic about becoming a happier person (For example, start thinking things like: I can find happiness in life, and becoming happier becomes easier the more I know what to do.)
Here’s why it’s so important to do this, if you want to become happier, stay happy, and enjoy life more.
How pessimism about becoming happier hurts you
If you’re pessimistic about becoming a happier person… You’re already less happy. In fact, you’re more prone to feeling sad and miserable, since pessimism is a form of negative thinking that has an immediate negative impact on your well-being.
That’s the first important thing to realize.
The other important thing to realize is that pessimism about becoming happier:
- Kills your energy and motivation to take any action to become happier
- This predictably makes it more challenging for you to become happier
- Or maybe even prevents you from becoming happier at all
The overall lesson: pessimism is not only useless for becoming happier… It makes it hard to be happy and is completely counter-productive in every single way. (So if you’re asking yourself, why is it so hard for me to be happy?, this is probably a big reason why.)
The relationship between optimism and happiness
What role does optimism play in happiness? What is the connection?
Well, if you’re optimistic about becoming happier… You already feel happier, which is exactly what you want, in the first place! After all, optimism is a powerful form of positive thinking, that has an immediate positive impact on your well-being.
That’s the first important thing to realize.
The other important thing to realize is that optimism about becoming happier:
- Increases your energy and motivation to take action to become happier
- This predictably makes it easier for you to become happier, and inspires you to do more things (like improving your thinking) that helps you become happier
- So you naturally have a lot more success becoming happier
By appreciating how optimism naturally focuses you on something of positive value, and energizes and motivates you, you can appreciate why optimistic people are happier and happier people are optimistic.
The overall lesson: optimism is not only useful for becoming happier… It inherently feels good, and makes you feel happier in and of itself.
You can be happy: why optimism about becoming happy makes sense
Clearly, being optimistic about becoming happier is highly beneficial. Not only does it help you become happier faster and easier, but it also makes you feel happier in and of itself.
But it also makes a lot of sense to be optimistic about becoming happier for other reasons:
- The most important factor for becoming happier is to improve your thinking, and you are fully capable of improving your thinking (after all, this is what learning is all about!)
- You are using tools and a program that makes it even easier for you to learn how to get rid of negative thinking and how to think more positively instead
- The more you learn how to have a positive attitude and be happy, the easier it is for you to overcome sadness and remain positive and happy (so becoming happier only gets easier and easier from here)
Bottom line, you’ve got every reason in the world, right now, to be optimistic about becoming happier.
But if you’re not highly optimistic at this point, that’s fine. At the very least, just be open to the possibility that you can become happier, ok? (That’s enough to energize and motivate your mind to make mental changes that will help you become happier.)
How to stop being pessimistic about becoming happier
Get rid of the following negative, pessimistic thoughts and beliefs that prevent you from becoming happy, and that keep you feeling sad, miserable, and depressed.
Click on each negative thought to learn why you’re better of without it, and why it doesn’t make sense to think that way.
How to start being optimistic about becoming happier
Start thinking in positive, optimistic ways about becoming happier to enjoy becoming happier faster and easier.
Click on each positive thought to learn how it helps you, and why it makes sense to think that way.
Improve your life immediately
Right now, complete this achievement by taking steps that will help you rewire your mind to be more optimistic about becoming happier. This, of course, will naturally help you become happier faster and easier.